Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chai du' Ciel


I had learned to cook when I was in elementary. I remember at school during home economics that our teacher would always make us bring ingredients for our homework, so the next day me and my classmates would start preparing for the food that we would be cooking on that day. As the day ends, I come home and I would watch my Mother cook at her kitchen and I would start to ask so many questions and my Mother would start to teach and tell me which comes first and what comes last for the ingredients. As I grew older, learning how to cook was a requirement for my Father. During the Spanish era women are made to serve their husbands, so you must consider cleaning, taking care of the children and the most important thing is to cook for the family. As they say “ One way through a man’s heart is through his stomach”. Filipino women during the older generations were known to be this type of individual. This is why with my father, it is important that his daughters learned how to cook. I for one developed more of this cooking not only because it was inspired by my parents and ancestors but because I love to cook as well.

“Good Food Leads to a Healthy Lifestyle.” My partner in life is a Certified Head Fitness Trainer. He has been very keen about the food he eats and the combination of ingredients mixed on a certain recipe. Although, he allows me to explore my interest as long as I keep a balance in whatever I prepare. I would be sharing some of my recipes and food inventions that has been inspired from the food that I have tasted, the food that I had eaten and through memories of such delightful taste that it be cherished through times.

No comments:

Post a Comment